Voter Engagement, Deanna Olmem, Chair
DATE: March 7, 2018
1. Purpose: Increase voter engagement in the Round Lake Area Community.
2. B.E.S.T. MEMBERS AND ORGANIZATIONS PARTICIPATING:
* Deanna Olmem, United Way of Lake County
* Additional membership recruitment is in progress
3. PROGRESS THIS MONTH:
* The Executive Committee approved the creation of an Ad Hoc Committee focused on Voter Engagement at its February meeting.
* Data collection has begun on the state of voter engagement in Avon Township compared to overall Lake County:
* Avon Township had the third lowest voter turnout in Lake County in both the 2016 and 2012 General Elections and the 4th lowest voter turnout in 2008 General Election.
4. ACTIONS FOR THE NEXT MONTH:
* Recruit additional committee members to work on next steps
* Research - need, capacity, knowledge
5. PR NEEDED (WHEN, WHERE, WHO AND WHAT):
* Announcement of need for additional committee members.
6. SPECIAL COMMENTS:
* We encourage the members of BEST to get out and vote in the March 20th primaries!
* Lake County Voter Power: https://www.lakecountyil.gov/351/Voter-Power